Wednesday, January 18, 2006

American Dating and Mating

Someone requested an American equivalent to Swedish Mating and Dating. However, I believe that request would best be filled by someone who has the foreigner's perspective on the American dating experience. Any volunteers for a guest entry?

But, I'll throw out the following out for discussion's sake. Although I probably don't need to mention this to my more discerning readers, please note the obvious tone of cheekiness.

American guy says: Can I buy you a drink?

American guy means: How many cocktails is it gonna take before you'll go home with me?

American girl hears: Can I buy you a drink? Great, free alcohol.

Swedish girl hears: Now you have to sit here and talk to me for the rest of the night. And by the way, are you a member of the Swedish Bikini Team?

Swedish guy says: silence¤¤

¤¤ either because a) the drinks are so expensive he can't even afford to buy one for himself, and hence why he came to the bar already plastered from the pre-party; or because b) we live in an age of equality, damn it, and he doesn't see why she shouldn't be the one buying him a drink.

4 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

egentligen, så har jag ju varit med om det, men inte till ett helt jäkla inlägg! men ett år i usa satte sina spår....

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tequila!...and yes...it did get me into his bed...but it was so worth it!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Julian Halls said...

I wonder what an English equivalent would be? I guess I'm the wrong person to ask.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is with the Swedish guys and silence?

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home