Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Nine to five

Gone are the days of blogging late into the wee hours of the night, only to spend a lazy morning slumbering peacefully until noon 1 pm 2 pm, for I am now....drum roll please...gainfully employed. That's right, ladies and gents, Kommissarie Curiosa is officially a productive member of society. And I'll be getting a paycheck (and paying taxes!!) to prove it.

The self-satisfaction lasted until about halfway through my second day on the job. I was very pleased and amazed at just how much I was able to get done BEFORE noon!! But by about 2 pm, about the same time the post-lunch food coma kicked in, the euphoria wore off and I was propping my eyes open with toothpicks and daydreaming about my bed.

And to combat the fatigue that is very likely to occur tomorrow about the time the caffeine wears off, it's time for bed.

It's time to say "Hej då!" to the professional student/coffeehouse maven and "Hello!" to the working girl.

6 Comments:

Blogger eff said...

"and 'Hello!"' to the working girl."

What is it you do exactly? Working girl, my gosh!

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the real (and profitable) world! ;)
Guess i'll be seeing you around, now that you curiously will be roaming the streets of the financial district.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eff, my reaction was exactly the same as yours... but my guess is, since curiosa's maternal language is english and mine is not, that I am wrong when I say that I associate working girl with someone who is doing something inappropriate. like selling their body for money. curiosa, please help us baffled swedes with this dilemma. what is a working girl really. is is just us sexually challenged that associate them with prostitutes.

5:19 PM  
Blogger eff said...

If we are to get philosophical here, ely, and now's just a good a time as any, then all jobs can be considered to be varying degrees of prostitution. Can they not?

It's charging money for a company's use of one's physical self as well as the emotional self to some extent. And even though the sex part may only come into play during wild office parties or the occasional romp with the photocopier repair man/woman, on a grander scale, it's still a form of prostitution.

I also have to strongly denounce the implication that I'm sexually challenged in any way, shape or form. I am available for demonstrations to disprove any such accusations on tuesdays between 1pm and 3pm.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! What is your new job?

ely: You make me want to see "Working Girl" all over. Was I too youg whan it came out maybe...

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Working girl!
I'm a bit worried about you now. Are you looking forward to paying taxes? Seems to me that you are more swedish than most swedes ;)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home