Monday, April 24, 2006

Morning quips

Upon receiving freshly squeezed grapefruit juice:
Me: "That's very good, even if I did make a face. Just because I made a face doesn't mean I don't like it. In fact, I make the same face when I eat pickles."
Him: "Fantastic. So I made you grapefruit juice that tastes like pickles."

Upon being handed a latte as I step out of the shower:
Him: "Here's your latte. I didn't add anything extra to it yet."
Me: "Excuse me for a moment while I say something really cheesy."
Him: "..."
Me: "It doesn't need any sugar since you're so sweet."
Him: "That is quite possibly the cheesiest thing you've ever said to me."

Running from the bathroom to the bedroom:
Him: "I really like not having my roommates around."
Me: "I like being able to run around naked."
Him: "As I said, I really like not having my roommates around."

Upon drinking previously mentioned latte:
Him: (With a look of disbelief) "I believe that's the closest thing I've ever seen to someone mainlining caffeine."
Please note: The Chevy Camaro, one of the fastest cars in the world, goes from 0 to 60 mph in 2.7 seconds. The level of caffiene in Curiosa's bloodstream went from 0 to 99% in 1.3 seconds.

Attempting to put on shoes:
Me: "Damn it. My socks don't match."
Him: "Since when has that ever bothered you?"
Me: "Since I have to go to work. But no one is going to look at my feet anyway."
Him: "There you go."
Me: "But that's a rationalization."
Him: "I've noticed you are very good at those."

Running out the door:
Me: "I like having somone to get ready with."
Him: "So do I, but I generally prefer less of a panic."
Me: "Well, get used to it. You are, after all, dating me."

Things that make Monday mornings tolerable:
A kiss as I sprint out the door, and a chocolate muffin for the road.

7 Comments:

Blogger Freudiana said...

Hiya! I now have my very own blog here at blogspot:
http://nutlistens.blogspot.com/

/Wildchild aka Dr. Nut

9:37 PM  
Blogger Calima elen said...

Are these real life situations? Got some good laughs out of them, thanks :-)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Take said...

aaaah, missing the just-in-love-feeling. Savour it, m'dear! :)

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss take: You can keep that feeling. 1 ½ year into a relationship me and my loved one still say cheesy things all the time. Maybe we just are a bit cheesy...

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely to hear the domestic bliss you've stumbled into, Miss Curiosa. I'm so happy for you!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is treating you well! Miss you over here!

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howcome all the "attagirls" are from other girls? Somehow I doubt that it is a big coincident.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home