Sunday, February 05, 2006

This and that

I haven't had so much to write about this past week, at least anything that I've felt like sharing. There have been some ups and downs regarding romantic attachments these last few weeks, and I really don't feel that I should elaborate for the sake of the other person involved. Regardless of what decisions have been made about what is best for us as individuals at this point in our lives, there is still a strong feeling of mutual respect, and I intend to maintain that.

There is as very fine line between crafting a tell-all blog and respecting the privacy of the people whom you write about. In some ways, blogging is 21st century story-telling, and the people who appear on these pages are the characters. Some of these characters are complicit, knowing full well that things they do and say might end up on Blogspot. And many of them are even willing conspirators, intentionally giving me blog fodder. Other times, the people who cross my path in a funny or touching way might not have any idea that they will be featured in the cast and crew of Kommissarie Curiosa.

The general rule: if you say or do something REALLY idiotic OR hilarious, I reserve the right to blog about it. If I date you, and you make an ass of yourself, and end up being waiting on my family when I call from Sweden, I will blog you. But if it's something that is personally damaging or something confidential, I don't.

Kommissarie Curiosa is tenatively resuming her original under-the-covers investigation, although there are obviously some emotions and issues that she is still working through. In the meantime, expect some renewed efforts at infiltrating the grisly world of dating in Sweden's chilly capital city.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

looking forward to hear about your comming events, even though I am sorry for you and the romantic dilemma. love.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Ms.Take said...

aawwwww, so sorry to hear it.
Welcome back into the wonerful (hmm?) life of singledom though - on the net and off. You've been missed :)

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a similar dilemma. i've long contemplated keeping two blogs (not including house pets :) )—one that i tell my friends about, since several of them ask regularly about what life is like here in sweden; and another that is totally anonymous, whose existence i would not disclose to anyone i knew, in which i could pretty much write anything at all. there is a certain comfort in total anonymity, i think.

glad to hear you're "back," in any case.

/Rydberg

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend taking a day off, playing an old time favourite of yours (mine is "nothing compares to you"), bawling your eyes off, and then move on.. That is what I always do, and it always works like a charm. Break down, than move on...

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home