Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Guest Entry: Tails from the Tub

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Google is a big fat lair. Google says Norwegian Forest Cats are waterproof. Wrong wrong wrong. Operation-Bathe-Me this afternoon proved otherwise.

I have to share some images of my fellow felines who met the same fate since Curiosa's camera is DEFINTELY not waterproof.

She came home from the pet store with a big bag of what I thought were treats. There were treats, but it was really a great big gigantic farce to lull me into trusting her. She also had kitty shampoo. Dum dum dum.

First she tried the kitchen sink. Yeah, right. At first I thought she was just doing the dishes, but then again, she never does the dishes. She hates doing the dishes more than she hates cleaning out my litter box.

I didn't really believe it was happening. Surely, Curiosa wasn't really trying to put me into the sink with water in it. It had to be some kind of a misunderstanding.

I had enough of that after just getting my tootsies wet. I was outta there like a bolt of lightning. A sopping wet bolt of lightening.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I clung to Curiosa because she couldn't really have meant to put me in the water-filled sink. It must have been some kind of mistake. Surely she wouldn't try it again.

She wrapped me in a towel and carried me to the bathroom. Oh good, I thought, now it's over, and we can just put this whole bathing incident behind us. Wrong again.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

This time, we BOTH took a bath. Or rather, a shower. And so did the rest of the bathoom.

She got me, she did, but I made good and sure that Curiosa was as wet as I was.

Then, of all things, the silly girl thought she was going to blowdry me. I was having none of that! Now I'm hiding under the couch, glowering, and blogging. I pray to St. Gertrude, this never happens EVER again.

-Ullrick

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! the joy of bathing cats! Been there, done that and got a lot of scars to prove it.

Nowadays I'm not even considering it unless I've got an old welders glove at hand(very though leather) to hold them with.

Thinking of switching to dry rub shampoo instead...

8:59 PM  
Blogger Knaster said...

:D

Ett tips är att de flesta hundtrimmare även tar emot katter.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jag har inte ens fundeerat på att bada vare sig Kaj eller Tjejen. Dom får sköta sin hygien själva.
Sparar dem en massa obehag, och mig mina armar. Tjejen varkar dock extremt nyfiken på vatten, kommer ofta och tittar till mig när jag badar.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blowdry me?

Haha, tack, fröken, skrattade så jag vek mig åt bilderna som poppar fram...

11:24 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Laugh of the day! Thank you... and keep up the good work!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

actually, to his credit, ullrick didn't scratch me at all. he just mewed very loudly. we have a deal. he won't scratch if i don't attempt to drown him.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home