Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Well, then...

Although I've been entirely unproductive today (or about as productive as Kitty running around the living room three times), several things are "på gång." I finally received my antagningsbesked from the university registration system (my translation) and I have been accepted to "Kompletterande lärareutbilding" at Södertörn, Spanish at Stockholms Universitet, and Russian at Uppsala. Now I have to decide which courses to take. (I have to take something in order to keep my student status, which is the basis of my residence permit.) Practically, the teachers certification is the best choice, as I can always have it to fall back on, in lieu of any other employment. In terms of my own research, Russian is the best choice, but I'm not sure about the commute to Uppsala. And the Spanish, with my background in French, that course will be easier, plus it's in Stockholm, but I'm less interested in Spanish as a subject (although it's a funny coincidence that I applied for it even before I "met" Tonto...but I guess that doesn't matter so much anyway as his English is better than mine...)...Hmmmm, tough decisions...I guess I'm doing the Swedish student thing where you study when you don't have anything better to do, until you are so over-educated you are formally over-qualified for everything, although you have no real work experience to speak of...

I think I've found somebody to sublet my other room from Jan 1, and it was via the "friends of friends" method, which just proves that when it comes to getting anything done, it really is about who you know.

Kitty and I are going to Gothenburg on Friday to spend Christmas with Wild Child and her family. Although I'm tempted to say that Kitty ran away or was "cat napped" (by yours truly), I guess she'll be happy to be back with her real mother.

Now it's off to a lunch meeting...

I'll be back sooner or later...

6 Comments:

Blogger Johan Sundström said...

I guess I'm doing the Swedish student thing where you study when you don't have anything better to do, until you are so over-educated you are formally over-qualified for everything, although you have no real work experience to speak of...

Spot on! :-D Isn't it lovely, say?

2:56 PM  
Blogger oscar said...

I´m currently doing the thing where you get a good education. Then when you don´t find any good jobs you do the swedish thing for so long that the university hires you.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one problem, it's always hard to explain why you once felt it was neccessary to take a 10p course in geology, when you're applying for a position as a marketing analyst...

4:30 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

åse, tell them it was to keep your student accomdation and they'll understand.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

Then when you don´t find any good jobs you do the swedish thing for so long that the university hires you.

actually, the university has already hired me.

7:59 PM  
Blogger oscar said...

Haha. Then you know all about this.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home