Thursday, December 15, 2005

Subway moments

Someone commented the other day on my post about "brief moments" that a smile can make all the difference in the world.

The subway seems to be a place where such instants often occur, as it is a kind of crossroads for people from all walks of life. People go outside of their usual cirles, step off of their usual paths, and their lives intersect with others, even if it is just for the time it takes to go from Centralen to Hötorget.

Today a dark haired guy caught my eye and smiled to himself. At first I thought I had imagined it, but then he looked my way again, and tried to hide his smile by bringing his hand up to his mouth. I couldn't help but smile back. He flashed me a third and final grin as he exited the train.

How can something like that not make your day?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and thank you again for reminding me how much good we can do by such small gestures.

8:52 PM  
Blogger TooBlue said...

well, it could be a less good thing if he was smiling 'cause you had spinach in your teeth or your fly was down...

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home