Monday, December 19, 2005

Stockholm Style Tips

1) Fake fur, especially in the color purple, doesn't really do much for you, regardless of your gender.

2) Those camouflage army pants might be better left to G.I. Joe. And I really don't think they are intended to be worn with stiletto heels. (By the same token, I also don't think that army boots were made to be worn with mini skirts).

3) There are limits to the claim that "one-size-fits-all." Please don't make it your personal mission to prove such claims are a grevious case of false advertising.

4) There is, unfortunately, a reason that the Danes call mullets (hockeyfrilla) "svenskhår." This really should not be a source of national pride.

5) If one were to believe the fashion spectacles they witness on the streets of Stockholm, one would consider my hometown to be the avante garde of the mode world. The 80s are back in full swing, as much as I would like to reglegate them to the annals of my childhood. The difference between my hometown and Stockholm, however, is that the 80s have returned to Sweden, whereas back home, they never left.

2 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Hahahahaha! Oh my vad jag känner igen mig! Jag försöker övertala mina vänner utanför Philly att svenskar är ytterst modemedvetna och trendiga, det går lite dåligt ibland kan jag säga!

6:09 PM  
Blogger eff said...

I do think you're wrong in point one.

I am very sure Ola Salo, the singer in The Ark, would be able to pull off wearing purple fake fur with honor.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home