Saturday, December 17, 2005

The sock gap

When is the appropriate time to take off your socks during the process of getting hot and heavy?

Jeff, from the British sitcom Coupling, has a few words of wisdom:

"My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers...that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her."

I think Jeff is absolutely right.

The following dialogue may or may not have occurred in recent days:

"Why don't you take off your socks?"

"My feet get cold."

"But are you really thinking about your how cold your feet are while we, you know?"

"But are you really thinking about whether or not I'm wearing socks while we you know?"

"Fine, if you don't take off your socks, I'm not taking off my bra."

"I can live with that."

"Well, then, I'm not taking off my bra OR my underwear."

"That's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's not going to do either of us any good if you don't take off your underwear."

"Well...hrmpf. Fine."

"Ha ha, see, I won..."

"Do you really think this would be the best moment to start gloating?"

"No, maybe you're right."

6 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

Coupling is an everlasting source of joy, inspiration, and funny quotes. Jeff is the man.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somwhere that if you keep your socks on you actually have better sex... It was a while ago, I have spent a few minutes now trying to find an article on the subject but hmm.... Well, it must be true since aftonbladet/expressen had an article on the subject, mustnĀ“t it? ;)

9:43 AM  
Blogger eff said...

"When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name.'"

Jeff is the shit!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two words: breast octopussy

long live Jeff!
And thank god for the coupling dvd box

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually remove them at the same time as i remove my pants, some girls actually ask "when did you take your socks off?" :)

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just posted a comment in the other sock-related (sockesque?) blog entry, but this one reminded me of an odd news item I remember seeing a while back (link).

Granted, this is for falling asleep, and not any of the other indoor sports mentioned in your post, but still...

Socking it to ya, (oohhhhhhh)

/Rydberg

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home