Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Shivers

God damn, it's cold outside.

There are very few things which would prompt me to leave the warm and cosy confines of my new apartment at midnight. Apparently, Internet access and a recently discovered slice of Americana are two of them. Seven/Eleven is now the Swedish distributer of the one, the only -- Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. Thank god for globalization.

My four-legged furry friend seems to be missing her mother tonight, as she keeps standing at the front door and mewing, despite my best attempts to cuddle her. We had a bit of a disagreement this evening as she decided to try and "help" me with some of the Christmas presents I'm hurriedly trying to finish up to post in time for the 25th. A box full of beads with a cat in the middle of does not exactly spell out either e-f-f-i-c-i-e-n-c-y or e-x-p-e-d-i-e-n-c-y. Actually, I think it spells out c-a-t-g-et-t-h-e-h-e-l-l-o-f-f-o-f-t-h-e-g-o-d-d-a-m-n-e-d-t-a-b-l-e!!!!!!

It struck me tonight that sometimes you don't realize how much you are looking forward to something until it doesn't work out exactly the way it was originally supposed to. Sigh.

It's so cold tonight I'm not looking forward to sleeping alone. A little body heat would be nice. I guess Kitty will have to do.

8 Comments:

Blogger oscar said...

You just reminded me how pathetically stupid it is for me to sit here when I could be curled up in bed with Doris.

Sometimes we take the wrong things for granted.

Thanks for reminding me, hope you stay warm. Nighty.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

Is Doris the girlfriend or the cat?

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jag alskar att lasa din blogg!! Du ar sa bra pa att skriva..

12:54 AM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

Lisa, tack så mycket!

1:03 AM  
Blogger oscar said...

Well though she´s got the temper of a cat I´d have to say that she´s the girlfriend.

9:21 AM  
Blogger eff said...

Have you considered one of those electric blankets? I know it's probably poor in comparison to a live human being, but in terms of heat, it should be quite nice.

I hope you had a good night's sleep.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

eff, cats do wonders for heat, especially when they insist on sleeping on your face.

1:27 PM  
Blogger eff said...

Well, they say most of the body heat escapes through the head, so I can see how a cat on your face would help quite well...

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home