Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hur artar det sig mellan mig och Mr Tonto?

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI've had a request to give an update on the "situation" with Tonto. Unfortunately, there's not much to tell. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Tonto is somewhere on a beach in Acapulco right now. I shouldn’t admit that I’m jealous, but I am. We talked the other night, and he was going on and on about how warm it is there in Mexico, and I told him he better stop or he might regret it. When he comes back in January, it's going to be oh-so-much colder because he's gotten used to the warmer climate. And I'm not going to feel one bit sorry for him. And I'm still going to smile as he dances around trying to put on his long underwear. His costume would be complete, except he is missing his superhero cape.

It's a bit of a strange way to start off a relationship. An intense period of name-calling followed by a month long transatlantic separation with intermittent contact. However, I guess it would be more difficult had we spent an intense period of time together in real life to deal with aforementioned separation. As it is now, I think we are both just looking forward to getting to know each other "in real life" when we are both back in the same country. Unfortunately, until then, I'm going to be severely lacking in "blog fodder" and will have to continue picking on the unsuspecting Swedes in the meantime.

2 Comments:

Blogger SilverLakeSwede said...

Kind of reminds me of when I met an American girl when I was living in Berlin. After occasionally hanging out for six months, we finally "hooked up" and spent a passionate two weeks together before she moved back to Los Angeles.

That was a very long distance relationship.

Oh, and by the way, I now live in LA, our 4th anniversary was this summer, and our 18 month old daughter is absolutely gorgeous.

So you never know......

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Lotta here. Have added your blog to my favorites.

I definately believe in being away from one another can be great for a relationship.

I went to Australia travelling after being together with my boyfriend for about six months.
After four months away, we both knew it had to be us.

That is now 15 years ago...

Good Luck, and Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home