Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bah Humbug

Well, it seems some of my neighbors are attempting to create a kind of festive Christmas spirit among those of us who live in the building. Never mind that I've never actually met any of these people, there seems to be a kind of "Christmas ghost" at work in our humble abode. For instance, suddenly a Christmas tree, donning a few strands of Christmas lights, appeared inside the entrace to the front door, with the following message attached to a watering can:

"Ge mig vatten om jag är torstig. Hälsningar, Granen" ("Give me water if I am thirsty. Greetings, the Tree")

The next day, when I left in the morning, two small stuffed dogs were mysteriously sitting under the tree. When I came back, a julbock (Christmas goat made of straw) had joined the menagerie. Two small stars had also been carefully placed on the boughs of the trees.

It's very exciting, because every time I enter or exit the building, I have to check and see if there have been any additions to our communal Christmas tree. I'm wondering if it's time that I add a few candy canes to the branches of the thirsty tree.

Or maybe some tiny American flags. I'm sure that would go over well.

4 Comments:

Blogger eff said...

You should make sure to chant "U S A, U S A" loudly when you add the flags. That will make them love you more than you can ever imagine.

It does sound like a very nice building to live in. Cozy...

1:28 PM  
Blogger draksessan said...

How about hanging something really wierd in the tree? Like a clothes hanger or a tube of Kalles kaviar... THAT would be really hilarious!!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

hmmm, i must say the kalle's caviar IS a really tempting idea...

3:12 PM  
Blogger oscar said...

Yeay, maybe those där nya small tubes that they´ve recently börjat sälja.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home