Sunday, November 20, 2005

Let me pick your brain


Mating and Dating in Sweden



Please note: this is NOT a scientific survey. At the very most, it will give an insight into the minds and love lives of Swedes who read blogs.

1.  Are you...

2.  Are you...

3.  What is your relationship status?
Married

Sambo (living together)

In a relationship

Dating (interpret that how you will)

Still trying to figure out how to date in Sweden

Alone and bitter, by choice

Alone and bitter, by default

4.  How did you meet your spouse/partner/boyfriend/girlfriend/f**k buddy/date/flavor of the month?
Party

Bar

Work

School

Mutual friends

Grocery store

Other social activity (choir, club)

Internet

I told you, I'm alone and bitter

5.  When did you have your first sexual encounter with your spouse/partner/boyfriend/girlfriend/f**k buddy/date/flavor of the week?
The first time we met

The first date (once again, "date" is defined loosely here)

Sometime between the main course and dessert

In the bathroom of the airplane

Somewhere in between the second date and moving in together

We're waiting

Still trying to get to the first sexual encounter, damn it

6.  Was there any alcohol involved in your first sexual encounter with your spouse/partner/boyfriend/girlfriend/f**k buddy/date/flavor of the week?
Yes

No

Still drinking, and hoping

7.  Any other thoughts? If you can remember what they were?



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful

I had to cross in "in a relationship" "dating" AND "alone and bitter" and they're all true. I'm happier more often than bitter though, at least I tell myself so...(it's called denial, I know, I know)

This means in a longdistance relationship, dating as much as I can but not getting any, and telling myself I'll be faithful the day he get's over here for good.

Uhhh....

I need a Pina Colada.

Maja M

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Create a box somewhere on that list for phonesex, it's missing.

Maja M

6:46 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

Mmmmm, yes. I was especially proud of that nice little double entendre at the end. Perhaps a bit more self-satified than I ought to be.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Annapelu said...

To be one of 11% married, 77% swedish, 61% female who met husband at work (11%, what's wrong with finding husband at work??) and having sex at first date (18%) (there was quite some time between first time we met until first date) with no alcohol (48%!! are we all telling the truth here...?)involved, I admit i'm a true "Svensson". We actually had a cup of tea the first date, haven't happened since then, 17 years ago. But the other part of the date has happened now and then, not so often as then of course, after 17 years as a couple.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had an american.. friend.. visiting a couple of years ago.. her favorite swedish words:

1. Slut-rea.
2. Kaka, of course.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home