Friday, November 18, 2005

Insomnia

Jag kan inte sova.

There's this guy. We'll call him Him. We've known each other two years. There was the office Christmas party. Then there was The Thing. Then there The Talk, and there was no longer The Thing. Then there was The Thing That Everyone Else Thought Was Going On. You know, That Thing that Wasn't All in My Head. That Thing that He Never Acknowledged. Then we both went away for awhile, and I was pretty sure I was over The Thing that Wasn't All in My Head that He Never Acknowledged. Now we're both back.

Tonight I talked to Him on the phone. "Who was that?" my friend asked.

"That was Him," I said.

"I thought so," my friend replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked, indignantly.

"The way you talked to Him. Your face lit up."

Sometimes I hate Him.

Did I mention I still have text messages He sent me during The Thing saved on my phone?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack The Ripper said...

Erase and move on my dear.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

Oh, you're someone else. For a second when I read it, I thought it was one of my friends from home. That's exactly what he would say. Thanks.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

First I thought you meant erase my post. Then I realized you meant erase the text message. Gotcha! (Lite slow tonight). Kanske det beror på vinet.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home