Monday, November 21, 2005

Blonds have more fun

"You know, Curiosa," my friend Annie told me, "you're not the type of girl that guys date just for fun."

Ummmmm, thanks. I think.

I'm fun. I really am. I AM! Aren't I?!?!

Face-to-face, I guess I come across as fairly serious. In fact, sometimes people have a hard time knowing when I'm joking. I'm not the most extroverted person, especially in social situations, preferring instead to sit back and observe. It's not that I don't often have something to say; I usually have much more to say than I am willing to articulate. Yes, there is a constant stream of sarcastic commentary running through my head, but I save that for my closest friends and family as well as complete strangers on the Internet.

Guys say they want a girl with a brain. Why then, am I ten times more successful (at bars) when I pretend to be the happy, ditzy, clueless Valley Girl type?

Curiosa the Valley Girl:
My name is like wow! Curiosa and I live in Stockholm. I study here, and like, sumtimes go to work. Its a awesum city. Like, there's lots to do. I live downtown. I can dig bein' in thuh middle of thin's. That's so cool! Gag me with a pitchfork! So, mostly, what do you do? You know, like, it's totally class to meet a real Swede!


Curiosa as myself:
Hej! Jag heter Curiosa och jag bor här i Stockholm. Jag jobbar och pluggar här. Jag tycker mycket om Stockholm. Mycket att göra! Det är jätte kul att bo i stan! Så vad gör du? Det är inte så ofta att man träffar en riktig svensk (eftersom alla mina vänner kommer från andra länder).


Note the English (kind of) in the first approach, and the svengelska in the second version. The first one is ALWAYS (not that it happens very often) more successful, and leaves me worn out and ready to go home and go to bed, even though my chances of going home alone on those evenings is much less than when I am "Curiosa as myself."

Maybe it's just the impression it gives off. But let's just say that personally, the line "So what's your favorite book?" is going to go a lot further than "Hey baby, what's your sign?"

8 Comments:

Blogger solskensgrabben said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Utgår från att sex / hångel är målet.

Snygg + smart = stor utmaning (svårt)

Snygg + mindre smart = mindre utmaning

Sats1: Tjejer föredrar snygga killar framför mindre snygga.

Sats2: Mindre smarta tjejer kan lättare luras av "charm" (dvs, falsk varudeklaration).

Optimeringsstrategi: Om du är runt medelmåtta har du större chans att "lyckas" med en mindre smart tjej.

Egen reflektion: Snygga och smarta tjejer gör en nervös... jag menar, du måste ju matcha.

Om du är sex på två ben och helskärpt (allvarlig uppfattas ofta som intelligent) så är det inte lätt att känna sig som kung i baren. :>

(tilläggas att nästan alla tjejer kan konsten att få killar att gå i kors, bildligt och verbalt).

Förslag till strategiändring:

1) Fånga den "djupa" killen (sluta häng på Stureplan, gå på fik och klä dig i palestinaduk). (Här utgår jag ifrån att alla "djupa" killar även är upplysta feminister med politisk orientering åt vänster).

2) Fånga den...
.
.
.
You get the point. Du måste helt enkelt "differentiera" dig beroende på vad du vill uppnå (tror jag, ivarje fall).

1:26 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

Medelmåtta,

You weren't supposed to go and look me up! Fixed that now. So much for staying undercover. My mistake.

Usch.

Curiosa

1:56 PM  
Blogger Kaptenen said...

Du behöver en smart grabb med bra självförtroende (inte det där uppblåsta, för det är i regel bara yta som täcker det dåliga självförtroendet). De är nog lika vanliga som tjejer med gott självförtroende... Växer inte på träd...

2:03 PM  
Blogger solskensgrabben said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:11 PM  
Blogger gudmundson said...

Well, I actually did ask about your views on the Swedish multiparty political system. Didn't get me anywhere, as you certainly noticed.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Curiosa said...

gudmundson! but you followed your question about the swedish multiparty system by declaring yourself to be the only swede who would vote for GWB! what am i supposed to do with that information?

12:03 AM  
Blogger eff said...

Hey baby, what's your sign?

Dammit. I screwed up, didn't I? Stupid, stupid, stupid...

To be honest, though, I'd prefer the real you over the valley girl any day of the week. Generally speaking.

And I never did understand why "sexy and smart" would make men feel less manly. I thought that was the ideal? To be smart all the time, not just when it's appropriate...

"Hey, a sexy and smart woman chose me. I must be the bee's knees. The cat's pyjamas," and so on.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home